Dominio del Bendito El Primer Paso 2021
£18.18 (Inc. VAT & Duties bot. 75 cl.) / United Kingdom
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2021 El Primer Paso matured in barrel for six months. It's creamy, lush and round, with an unbelievable 16% alcohol but still comes through as balanced, in an XL way. It has integrated oak; they are reducing the percentage of American oak to maybe 30%. It has notes of licorice and ripe berries, and it's easier to drink than you might think; it's ripe and hedonistic with a round and full-bodied palate with slightly dusty tannins. 59,285 bottles produced.
Between 14ºC and 16ºC
Aged for 6 months in French and American oak barrels.
Dominio del Bendito El Primer Paso is a strong, fruity red wine with an intense aroma and a long, savoury finish. It is made exclusively from Tinta de Toro grapes and comes from free-standing and grafted vineyards in La Jara and in the highlands of Valdefinjas, in Toro. The vineyards are between 15 and 40 years old in 60% of the cases, and more than 45 years in the remaining 40%.
To make this wine, the must is left to ferment and macerate in concrete containers for about 20 days. After this, it is left to age in French and American oak barrels for about 6 to 8 months.
At first, it is left on its lees, and before it is marketed, it is left to rest in bottles for a further 3 months.
This wine has excellent acidity and soft but present tannins, which makes it pleasant on the palate, but at the same time powerful and robust in the mouth without feeling heavy.
It is juicy, elegant and round, as well as being a serious wine with personality. Despite having 15 degrees of alcohol, it is not noticeable and if you can get hold of a few bottles and store them well for a few years, we assure you that you will not regret it.
A big step for the wine
We have to thank for this wine the Dominio del Bendito winery, which was founded in 2004 by Antony Terryn, a young Frenchman, and his philosophy: to intervene as little as possible in the production process in order to extract the maximum flavour and expression of the terroirs.
This wine is a good choice to accompany grilled meats, either on the grill or in the oven. It is also a good choice to accompany stewed or braised meats. The combination of the fruity flavour of the wine with grilled or stewed meat can be very pleasant. In addition, the tannins in the wine can help to soften the meat and make it smoother on the palate.
We hope this wine will accompany you in your next tasting and don't forget to tell us about your experience. Cheers!
Shipping to United Kingdom
Estimated transit time: 8-12 working days.
|VAT & Duties included|
Excluding Isle of Man, Isle of Skye, Jersey and Guernsey (Channel Islands)